Ordinary life is extraordinary...you just have to know what you are looking for

Friday, September 21, 2012

Breakfast Smoothie




"Mom"..

"Mom"...

"Mom"...

"Yes?"

"Can we have a smoothie?"

Everyday it's the same question...and I am eternally grateful.  How else would I get a 6 and 8 year old to eat spinach before 8am?  (or 12pm..or 4pm..or 5:54pm).

So simple, so delicious, so healthy....this makes a momma happy!


My beloved Vitamix!  You have given me so much....  xoxoxoxoxo

Notice the loooonnnngg shadow of the early morning?  It's way too early for me but someone forgot to tell my little darlings...like...everyday for the last 8 years...   PS.  Shortly after taking this photo I walked into a chair and stepped on the cat.  Did I mention it was early?
Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie


  • 2 cups frozen organic blueberries
  • 1-2 ripe organic bananas (the more ripe, the sweeter and therefore you won't need additional sweeteners)
  • 1 handful of organic spinach (sneak this in if you think anyone is looking - once it's blended, they'll never know...ha ha ha!)
  • 3 TBSP organic plain or vanilla yogurt
  • 1/4 cup water 
  1. Throw everything in your blender, and blend until smooth.
  2. Enjoy!




xo

Jen




No comments:

Post a Comment