Ordinary life is extraordinary...you just have to know what you are looking for

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cape Cod

Did anyone see the picture of the kayaking guy being followed by a shark in Cape Cod last week?  Yeah.  We were there.  Same day.  Same time.  (cue music from "Jaws")

There are sharks in here?

Low Tide, pretty awesome!
We are recently home from a trip to my sister's place just outside of Boston where we had a ball.   It's about a 9.5 hr drive for us and we tend to make the trip a few times each year.  Although an ideal (in my mind) location for her and her family would be right next door to me, I have to say that New England is totally beautiful and rich with history so we are never short on places to go, people to see... and come home from our visits totally exhausted but in a good way.

My brother in law (who I am convinced has ants in his pants) offered to take us to "the Cape" our first morning after arriving.  "We have to beat the traffic, and we want to make it before the tide comes in", he says to me.  Well, I think that's what he said - I was still pretty blurry eyed before my coffee but in no shape to argue so we loaded 5 children, 4 adults, 2 coolers, 1 sun tent, 3 blankets, 8 towels, 49 sand pails, 250 shovels, 1496 various castle making equipment and 1 extra large bottle of sun screen into two vehicles and we were trucking down the highway by 8am!



Cape Cod is beautiful and I totally get what all the fuss is about.  We arrived at a small public and probably less known beach where we had plenty of room to spread out.  My budding marine-biologists were in awe at the amazing animal life they were able to observe while the tide was out.  Amongst the rocks, they found crabs and sea cucumbers and mussels and pails and pails of shells.  It was a boy's dream come true.



Around noon the tide came in and our activities changed to swimming, and boating (floating)....



...to hiding in the sea grass....


...to making my baby boy a little nervous....


...to him getting over it...



See this beach house?  It's for sale....you can bet I emailed the pic to my hubby letting him know 1.  We  were having a great time and wished he was there, 2.  this wonderful house is for sale, and 3.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a home right on this wonderful beach?


This is what he sent me back...

Photo: AP Photo/Shelly Negrotti

I guess I have my answer. 

xo

Me









No comments:

Post a Comment