Ordinary life is extraordinary...you just have to know what you are looking for

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Vitamix - the blender on steroids!

My Uncle Don always says that anything is possible with the right tool.  I would have to agree that this holds true in the kitchen, as well.

It might not look like much but this machine packs a punch!
So versatile but this is still my favourite use.  Smoothie anyone?
I was introduced to the Vitamix by my former neighbour, current good friend, and food blogger www.eatrealberealns.com - and it's "da bomb", baby!    You see, I am someone who wants needs to have her work surfaces completely clear - I'm a bit odd that way, don't you know.   But this little appliance holds some very coveted counter space in my kitchen.  We use it daily and it has been one of the best investments we have made.  Think blender....on steroids!

"Mom, we should add some watermelon too - it'll taste so good!"
See, now you are thinking that this girl must be drinking lots of margaritas but (... and I am just realizing now how boring this is) I actually haven't used it for that yet.  What's wrong with me?  Wait.  Don't answer that.

"Everyone stand back!  We're kickin' it into high gear!"
"Mmmmmm.......can someone get the straws?"
It's actually quite a versatile machine, we use it daily for our wonderful smoothies, and I use it to make great ice cream, sorbets and granitas for desserts.  It's great for making fruit purees and we use it to make our own flour and  nut and seed butters, too.  Soup is a snap to make in it, and I puree the vegetables from my roasting pan when making roast chicken or beef and add them back into the gravy for an amazingly tasty and more healthful way of thickening it.


AND.... it's super easy and quick to clean!  This is what truly makes it a pleasure to use daily.


Just add water and a drop of dish soap and turn on to clean!  It's sooooo easy!!
Any-who, now you know one of my kitchen secrets and you can't ever say I don't love ya enough to share.
Ta Da!  Looks good!!  Tastes better!!
xo

Jen

P.S.  Don't let your socks fly off when you see the price of these kitchen gems, as they are a little pricey.  Keep in mind that I use my Vitamix more often than my oven and I promise you it's worth the investment 100%.  Just saying.

4 comments:

  1. We LOVE our vitamix too! I also use it daily to purée fruits, veggies, and meat for my 7 month old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our Vitamix too! Got it a month or so ago but still need to experiment with it more! Great blog, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much!! Good luck with your Vitamix!!! :)

      Delete