Ordinary life is extraordinary...you just have to know what you are looking for

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Frozen Blueberries


There she goes again.......

...what is she doing?

...there's something not right about that woman....

Who in their right mind blow-dries their................................blueberries?

What?

Who?

Huh?

I'm sorry but I can't help it.  In my quest to fill my freezer with loads of fresh picked, local produce, I admit to the following process:

  1. Pick (in this case) fresh, beautiful blueberries
  2. Try not to eat all of the berries in the car ride home
  3. Gently wash fruit and lay out to dry on a clean dish towel (the fruit, not me)
  4. Wait 5 minutes and then decide that I can't possibly wait until the berries dry on their own
  5. Get my blowdryer and start drying, baby!
  6. Realize that if a neighbour decided to come calling at this particular moment, they would probably never come over again due to my inappropriate blow-drying habits
  7. Shrug my shoulders and realize that it'd be their loss, anyway
  8. Again, abstain from eating all of the berries
  9. Lay the berries in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet or tray
  10. Pop 'em into the freezer
  11. Once frozen, divide into freezer safe baggies or containers
  12. Revel in the fact that I am super dee duper and will be able to brighten up my family's mood and health any day of the upcoming winter


 xo

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment