Ordinary life is extraordinary...you just have to know what you are looking for

Friday, August 31, 2012

Wasp Nest? No.

HOW
DID I
NOT
NOTICE
THIS
BEFORE
TODAY?
So after a lovely play date at the park, where ironically, the other mom and I had a discussion about bees and allergies and other terrifying topics moms obsess about, we come home and my oldest glances out the window and proclaims "OH MY GOSH, LOOK!"  So I look.  And this is what I see hanging like a paper lantern (a BIG paper lantern) from a tree about half way between our home and boys' play fort. Before I can even express my own opinion on the matter, my son reappears with his book...
For him, it's a real page turner...
Check out the thickness!  He knew exactly where to open it .....
And here we have it....."Mom - those are Bald-Faced Hornets".  Thankfully he said this before I said what was on my mind... "Ew.  Bees!"  Then I just got to act all cool and pretend I knew it all along.  Ha!

My kids are awesome!  

xo

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment