Ordinary life is extraordinary...you just have to know what you are looking for

Monday, August 27, 2012

Pretty Produce


My poor, poor husband.  My poor, poor children.  Why, you ask?  I love to look at food.  My niece would say "BOR-ING"!  Clearly we have a differing opinion.  While my better half and the kiddos view a visit to the store as purely functional and should simply be an "in-and-out" experience fulfilling our need to restock the pantry shelves at home, I could spend hours (literally hours) wandering the aisles or market tables, talking to vendors and pestering the produce or meat department staff about the origin of the food, growing or production methods, recipes or the colour of the sky that particular day.  Truthfully, I keep waiting for someone to turn and run when they see me coming because it'll be the 20th time I've asked about grass-fed beef.  I inspect every apple, brussel sprout and leek that I come across.  Why did this one grow like this?  Look at the shape or colour of that!  It's all so interesting to me.  To sum it up, I like to grocery shop like some women like to shop for shoes.  My husband and boys have a...... less enthusiastic feeling so when we're together food shopping I have to keep it short before that glazed look appears on their faces and I end up dealing with  a whiny bunch at the checkout.

Fortunately, our latest journey to the market (as a family) was great, and it seems as though our eyes filled our market basket with a definite colour scheme.  Think purple and green!  Very pretty!
















It was interesting to lay everything out when we got home.  "Mom!  They all match!!"  So what can I say?  My eye likes what it likes.

xo

Me

















No comments:

Post a Comment